To combat the cold, the Bucs will begin their practice season on indoor, soft turf at Oakland Yard Athletics. The Bucs will practice at Oakland Yard on the following days:
- Mon, Feb 2 5-6:30pm
- Wed, Feb 4 5-6:30pm
- Mon, Feb 9 5-6:30pm
- Wed, Feb 11 5-6:30pm
- Mon, Feb 23 5-6:30pm
- Wed, Feb 25 5-6:30pm
If you have rugby shorts, wear them. If you have a rugby jersey, wear it. You can wear running shoes on the turf, bring cleats, not sure if we can put them on, but have them just in case and FREE OF ANY DIRT OR MUD!
Also... BRING YOUR MOUTHGUARDS TO ALL PRACTICES!!!
The Bucs will train at The Institute for Athletic Medicine on Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:30pm to 9:30pm until the weather breaks.
Oakland Yard Athletics
5328 Highland Rd
Waterford MI 48327
248 673 0100
If you have any questions please call Brad Warner 248.961.3071 or Jim Clawson 313.319.0008.
Becoming part of the Buc Rugby program is as quick as signing up with the coaching staff, attending a recruiting meeting, or attending one of the Buc's practices.
To sign up with the coaching staff, please Fill Out Forms on the Player Registration Page & Return them to a coac
- The Bucs have 2 more recruiting meetings left. The coaches will be there with paperwork and details necessary to begin playing with the Buc Rugby Club
- Tuesday, Jan 20 Seaholm High School (usually the Little Theater or the cafeteria) at 3pm
- Thursday, Jan 22 Groves High Schooll, Room B003 at 3pm
- If other schools would like the staff to go to their particular school, please get in contact with us to set up another meeting
- Upcoming Indoor Practice Schedule
- Beginning in February, the Bucs will begin practicing indoors. Date, locations, and practice times will be published in mid-January.
- Spring Outdoor Practice Schedule
- During the Month of March, the Bucs practice on the field behind Pembroke Elem School on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 5:30-7:30pm
- Have Fun
- Play An Aggressive, Competitive Sport During the Spring
- Maintain & Improve Strength, Conditioning, and Coordination
- Develop Leadership Skills